Job title: Senior Policy Analyst
Agency/Organization: Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center
Job location: Boston, Massachusetts
MassBudget is seeking a well-organized, dynamic Senior Policy Analyst to lead MassBudget's expanding work on transportation policy, especially transportation finance. In addition to leading our transportation work, this person will have opportunities to work on other state budget and policy issues that relate to improving the lives of low and middle income children and adults in Massachusetts. We’re seeking candidates who have strong policy analysis skills, work well in teams, and can communicate information effectively to diverse audiences.
MassBudget produces non-partisan policy research, analysis, and data-driven recommendations focused on improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults, strengthening our state’s economy, and enhancing the quality of life in Massachusetts. We conduct rigorous policy research, always with an eye towards presenting our work in ways that are accessible to and easily used by grassroots organizations, the media, policy advocates, and policy makers. We are the Massachusetts affiliate of several national networks including the State Priorities Partnership, the Annie E. Casey Foundation's Kids Count network, and the Economic Analysis and Research Network.
- Leading MassBudget’s transportation policy and finance research and identifying actionable policy recommendations for improving the state’s transportation systems
- Building our organizational relationships with transportation researchers and advocates
- Working with diverse stakeholders and grassroots groups to expand access to our analysis and data, including delivering presentations to organizations and coalitions
- Contributing to MassBudget's analysis of state budget proposals
- Contributing to other policy research
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree or comparable professional experience
- Experience doing transportation policy research
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Comfort working with Excel and the full Office suite
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience
- Organizing experience, particularly developing strong relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Computer graphic design skills (e.g. ability to help create infographics to accompany reports)
- Management experience
- Media and communications experience, including traditional and/or social media
- Fluency in a foreign language with a large presence in Massachusetts
MassBudget has a strong commitment to diversity. We encourage applications from persons whose background and experiences will increase the diversity of our organization. Salary is competitive and based on qualifications and experience. MassBudget also provides generous benefits including health care, vacation, and a 401k plan.
How to apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Luc Schuster at email@example.com and put “YOUR NAME, Senior Policy Analyst” in the subject line. This position is open until filled.